Qulbix Warranty Conditions
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR QULBIX Q140MD CORE ELECTRIC BIKE
CONDITIONS OF LIMITED WARRANTY
This limited warranty (hereinafter called “the Warranty”) applies to all Ulbi d.o.o. manufactured Qulbix Q140MD electric bike models:
Q140MD CORE (L1e-B, F1) – street legal model
Q140MD CORE (L1e-B, P1) – street legal model
Q140MD CORE RACE (F1) – non-street legal model
Q140MD CORE RACE (P1) – non-street legal model
Ulbi d.o.o. (hereinafter called “the Company”) hereby warrants that all factory manufactured Qulbix Q140MD electric bikes (hereinafter called “Bikes”) purchased through an Ulbi d.o.o. authorised sales channels are free from defects in material and workmanship during the period of this Limited Warranty, subject to certain limitations stated herein.
This Warranty applies only if the Bike:
- Has been properly used, as intended and described in the User Manual and other instructions in any manual or documentation provided, or made available, by Ulbi d.o.o..
- Has been used under normal operating conditions, which exclude extreme temperatures or extreme humidity or ill-repair or any other poor conditions of the driving surface;
- Has been properly maintained and serviced according to its Service and Maintenance Manual and logged in the Service book.
The warranty does not apply in the events of:
- Crashes or damages;
- Abuse, neglect, carelessness;
- Using, maintaining and/or servicing the product in any way other than intended by the User/Maintenance/Service manuals;
- Replacement with any part or accessory other than parts and products provided by the Company;
- Attempt of reparation or modification unless expressly permitted in writing by the Company;
- Damage caused by using the Bike for stunt riding, racing, rental programs, observed trials and/or any similar examples of extreme riding or events;
- Any sign of tampering with the anti-tampering stickers;
- Bike being overloaded (its technically permissible maximum laden mass (= total mass of the bike, rider and equipment) is 175 kg).
- Bike being used when showing any signs of malfunction, diminished performance, damage or any other issues.
Warranty claims will only be processed through a Warranty Claim (see details below).
This Warranty applies only to the registered original owners (customers) of Qulbix products and is not transferable, unless specifically agreed in writing (see details below).
This Warranty covers separate parts only, including battery, motor, controller, frame, front and rear suspension, brakes, wheels and electrical sub-assemblies.
This Warranty does not cover against damages caused by normal wear and tear.
Qulbix street legal models warranty period: 24 months from the original shipment date, or date of first purchase through a registered Qulbix retailer, or until 16.500 km are made, whichever comes first, provided that the vehicle has not been used in off-road applications.
Qulbix non-street legal models and street legal vehicles that have been used in off-road applications -warranty period: 12 months from the original shipment date, or date of first purchase through a registered Qulbix retailer.
Used vehicles warranty period for vehicles that have been previously used by the Company for promotional, educational or other uses: 12 months from the original shipment/ first purchase date.
The Company warrants to the customer that the vehicle is defect-free both in terms of material and workmanship from the factory. Any part found to be defective during the vehicle stated warranty period subject to the limitations of this warranty policy will be repaired or replaced free of charge.
All freight charges (including but not limited to import/export fees and taxes) for warranty inspection and/or service will be borne by the owner, not including return shipment for products replaced/repaired under Warranty conditions, which will be covered by the Company.
If warranty is denied, all costs of warranty inspection, testing and shipping will be borne by the owner.
GENERAL EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY
This Warranty does not cover failures resulting from, or caused by:
- Lack of proper maintenance or care as per User/Maintenance/Service manuals;
- Misuse of vehicle;
- Modification, alterations, and installation of parts that are not supplied as original equipment by the Company.
- Damages due to accident, collision, abuse or neglect;
- Normal wear and tear components, including but not limited to drive chains, drive belts, seats, grips, rims, lights / lamps, tires, tubes, brake levers, bearings, etc.;
- Damages to the paint, coatings or corrosion of metal parts due to external influences such as stones, salt, inadequate cleaning with inadequate cleaning products;
- Bike’s technically permissible maximum laden mass (175 kg) is exceeded;
- Fading of painted or metal coated surfaces or decals.
DAMAGES DURING TRANSPORT
If the transfer is organised by the Company or a registered Qulbix retailer the shipment in insured against damage, unless otherwise agreed. The owner has seven (7) days after receiving the shipment to check if the received parcel/s/packages include all ordered products and if the parts are in working condition.
If a product is missing or the parcel/packaging (or products inside the parcel) are damaged in any way, the owner is obliged to provide detailed photos depicting the damaged package and/or products and email them to: email@example.com in order to have the request processed.
After the period of seven (7) days, the Company does not accept complaints on the grounds of assumingly missing parts or damaged products. The Company then considers the product delivered in its entirety and working condition.
PLEASE NOTE: Damaged products may have to be returned to the Company. Products (or their package) that appear damaged in any way must not be used, before receiving feedback from Qulbix team on the issue. Used products cannot be replaced or reimbursed on the grounds of being damaged upon arrival. Unauthorised use of products that arrived in any way compromised voids the warranty and annuls transport insurance.
Warranty rights can only be transferred from the original to the new owner within the warranty period. It must be done in writing, by following the warranty transfer procedure. Only once the Company has confirmed in writing that the transfer of warranty is completed, the new owner becomes the bearer of warranty rights. Without the official transfer of warranty rights, the warranty only applies to original owner.
PLEASE NOTE: the transfer of warranty rights needs to be done within 10 days of transfer of ownership (purchase).
Contact the Company for more details on warranty transfer procedure.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
The date of occurrence of a warranty issue is the date the warranty claim is submitted for that issue.
To submit a warranty claim, following steps must be taken:
The owner must provide detailed info on the issue via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org in the following form:
- Name and family name/ Company name of the bike owner
- Contact details
- Copy of the registration licence (for street-legal model) or VIN / Serial number (for non-street legal model)
- Odometer (km made) read-out
- Service book copy
- Warranty certificate
- Original purchase invoice
- Description of the issue with photo and/or video documentation
Based on owner’s issue description the Qulbix team will establish if the issue can be resolved at a distance (via email and/or phone);
If the issue cannot be resolved by the owner based on Qulbix detailed instructions, the owner will provide further info as directed by Qulbix (for example VIN / serial number of the issued part etc.);
Qulbix team will invite the owner to send the supposedly damaged part for inspection;
Qulbix team will inspect the returned part in a period of max. 30 days and send the conclusion report back to the sender via email or mail.
PLEASE NOTE: The Company shall repair all parts that are found by the Company to be defective and covered by the Warranty. All freight charges for warranty inspection and/or service will be borne by the owner, not including return shipment for products replaced/repaired under warranty conditions, which will be covered by Qulbix (Ulbi d.o.o.).
If the product in question (or part thereof) is found faulty in terms covered by this Warranty, the Company will provide repaired/replacement product (or part thereof). The Company will also cover the cost of return shipping to the Bike’s owner.
If the product (or part thereof) in question is found faulty by reasons not covered by this Warranty, the owner will be informed of such. If repair/replacement is possible the owner will be given the choice to purchase replacement parts and/or order a repair. All labour charges, replacement part costs and shipping cost (including possible import/export charges) are the responsibility of the owner.
PLEASE NOTE: All labour charges, replacement parts and/or repairs that are not covered by warranty are the responsibility of the owner.
LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY
This Warranty does not cover any incidental or consequential damages, including loss of value of the Bike, lost profits or earnings, out-of-pocket expenses for substitute transportation or lodging, expenses associated with returning the covered product to an authorised service facility or dealer, towing and/or roadside assistance expenses, expenses associated with returning the covered product back to its owner, mechanic’s travel time or communication charges, loss or damage to personal property, loss or time, or inconvenience.
This is the only warranty made by the Company on its products and there are no warranties which extend beyond the description herein. Any warranties that may be otherwise implied by law including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchant ability or fitness for a particular purpose are excluded.
The owner is responsible for checking the delivered parcel/s for any damages and reporting to the Company in the limited time, according to this Warranty’s chapter Warranty Claim Procedure.
The owner is responsible for using and maintaining the vehicle in accordance with the User/ maintenance /service manual.
Owner is responsible for the costs of maintenance and/or service of the damages and/or failures that are not covered by the Warranty.
If warranty repairs are needed, they must be performed by a service shop authorised by the Company.
Always ride safely, according to laws and regulations, taking care of yourself and others!
Also read our Legal Notice and Returns & Refunds Policy.
Last revision: February 17th 2023 by Ulbi d.o.o., Preserje 40d, 1352 Preserje, Slovenia.